Recently Cygnett sent me their CarGo car mount bracket for iPad to review and last night I got to put it to the test when we had to go for a long drive. It couldn’t have come at a better time either as the boys in-car DVD player had decided to throw in the towel – eep!
“Transform your back seat into a digital entertainment hub with Cygnett’s iPad car mount bracket, the CarGo. Perfect for keeping backseat passengers busy (while allowing the driver to concentrate on the road), CarGo provides a safe and stable place for your iPad. The 360-degree rotation and tilt feature allows the iPad screen to be angled vertically or horizontally for perfect glare free viewing by one or more back-seat passengers.”
The CarGo is an ingenious little gadget that is compatible with all iPads and turns the back seat of your vehicle into a media room allowing everyone back there to watch movies on the iPad handsfree. The bracket was very easy to connect to my car’s head rest and offered full rotation should the iPad need to be in portrait or landscape format and also a handy tilt feature which helped to minimise the glare on the screen for the kids that aren’t sitting directly in front of the device. Some iPad cases, although not all, are compatible with the CarGo (my case wasn’t) and all ports and buttons are still fully accessible while the iPad is mounted.
One thing I was concerned about was how secure the iPad would be while traveling in a bumpy car (anyone familiar with the local roads in my area would understand this) but it turns out I need not have worried as the iPad and bracket stayed secure the whole time – pothole after pothole – all without leaving a mark or scratch on the device. Just make sure you’ve tightened the bracket as best you can to ensure your iPad can’t fall out. With two boys constantly fighting over who gets to hold the iPad, the CarGo solves that problem by taking it out of both of their hands! Luckily for me, my seats are far enough forward that they can’t reach the device to turn it off.
The CarGo, priced at $59.95, is definitely a must-have accessory for parents that are happy to part with their iPad for a little peace while on long trips. Obviously this won’t matter if you’re the driver – you shouldn’t be using your iPad anyway. ;)
- Connect easily to charger, or plug in earphones. The CarGo snaps on or off your headrest’s metal brackets in seconds
- Watch movies, play games, listen to music on the road completely hands-free
- Easy-to-use, the CarGo bracket snaps on & off a car’s headrest in seconds
- Functional design allows for use with iPads that have cases just as easily as those that don’t
- Precisely engineered fingers grip your iPad affording extra stability for more stable viewing
- Easy access to all ports & controllers, as well as the earphone port for use with headphones
- Perfect for keeping kids entertained on long drives
- 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
For more information on the CarGo or to find a stockist near you, visit the Cygnett website.
Already use this product? Rate it here!
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Moms With Apps – App Friday 5/24/13 - May 24, 2013
- eFreesia Duo Charger – Review & Giveaway - May 22, 2013
- Wombi Airplane by Wombi and Dot Connector by Ellie’s Games – Today’s Featured Free App - May 22, 2013