Category Carousel is a fun way to increase and enhance a child’s vocabulary using categories and sub-categories. We haven’t had a chance to review it yet so here is the developers description:
Whether you are a speech language pathologist or a parent you will find the Category Carousel app a fun way to increase and enhance a child’s vocabulary. The ability to categorize and subcategorize words and concepts is a skill necessary to build, store, and retrieve words leading to better comprehension and expressive language skills.
Choose a category (or multiple categories) and let children touch the pictures, hear the word, and then sort them by dragging them into various categories. Once pictures have been dragged into a category users can touch the category and watch it split into sub-categories, encouraging the child to think about words in multiple ways. Audio reinforcement and correction are included in this fun and educational app.
Categories and subcategories found within:
Animals (birds, bugs, farm, water, jungle, forest)
Transportation (land, water, sky)
Clothing (body, head, feet)
Food (breakfast, deserts, drinks, meat, fruit, vegetables)
Household (cleaning, furniture, toys, tools, bathroom, kitchen)
Here is a video demonstration of the app: [link to video]
We have 3 promo codes for Category Carousel to give away. To win one, do any or all of the following and leave a SEPARATE COMMENT (at the bottom of the page) for EACH step that you did. Each comment is counted as an entry (subject to verification).
- Tell us how this app will help your child.
- Like The iMums on Facebook. Please put your Facebook username as a comment.
- Like Pocket SLP on Facebook.
- Follow The iMums on Twitter. Please put your Twitter username as a comment.
- Thank Pocket SLP (on their Facebook wall).
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. Use the Facebook Share button at the top of this page. Make sure your post is public and put the URL of the post as a comment.
- Use the Twitter button at the top to tweet about this review & giveaway.
- Pin it on Pinterest using the button at the top of the page
This giveaway will close at 11am PST on May 7. Winners will be picked randomly and they must contact The iMums within 48 hours of the announcement of winners to claim their prize. This giveaway is open to everyone, worldwide and an iTunes account is required to claim the prize. Each person can only win one copy of each app. Good luck!
Congrats Helen W, Bonnie B and Christine H, if you did not win please consider buying on the sale
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Bauble App Fairy Heart Necklace – Review and Giveaway - June 18, 2013
- Developer Interview with Massimo Mauri of Ebooks&kids at The iMums - June 17, 2013
- Hello Kitty Music Piano Play-Along Deluxe by Dorlymusic – Review - June 15, 2013