The use of the iPad as a communication and educational tool is increasing in record numbers. With over 650,000 apps and counting, many parents, professionals, and speech language pathologists are seeking guidance on how to properly select and use apps to maximize learning potential.
This 1.5 hour webinar will explore how to enable the iPad settings for educational success, use the SETT framework to make effective Assistive Technology decisions, and review a 4 step evidence-based app implementation plan to elicit the most language, communication and socialization skills. Language, socialization, and communication apps will be discussed as well as creative ways to generalize outside of the app.
You will be able to:
- State 2 features of the iPad that can be used to enhance communication and learning.
- Define and state the features of the SETT framework and how it helps guide to make effective Assistive Technology decisions.
- Explain each of the 4 components of the app implementation plan.
- State 2 apps that can be used in the areas of language, socialization and communication.
This program is offered for 0.15 CEU’s
Introductory Level, Professional Area
* Sign up now for early bird discount. Limited space available
Three lucky people can also win a free registration to the webinar – enter via our Rafflecopter below.
Angela Desideri M.S.,CCC-SLP
ASHA CEU Provider
Angela is an internationally recognized speech language pathologist and has been a keynote speaker at numerous symposiums throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Angela is also the SLP who developed SpeechTree the innovative AAC that includes ABA, but the webinar is not just about AAC apps but covers the full range of educational apps.
If you would like to win a complementary registration for the Webinar, please enter via the Rafflecopter Widget. Winners must contact The iMums within 24hrs of the winners being announced to claim their prize. This giveaway is open to everyone, worldwide. Good luck!
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Apraxia SLP Discussion with Lynn Carahaly and Lori Riggs - May 25, 2013
- SLP Question and Answer – with Patti Hamaguchi and Megan Sutton - May 25, 2013
- Storybook Maker By Merge Mobile- Review and Giveaway - May 24, 2013