Receptive Language Assessment by The Speech And Language Store LLP is a tool specifically designed to be used by Speech and Language Pathologists, educators, psychologists and other professionals qualified in child development to assess the language comprehension skills in children with receptive language delays from preschool level upwards.
I recently reviewed the developer’s first language game app, the popular Splingo’s Language Universe and had wished for a few things, the most urgent being a reporting system. I was therefore very happy to see that Receptive Language Assessment has the ability to generate detailed reports for multiple students. The reports are saved automatically upon completion of an assessment and can be emailed to parents or yourself for printing/records-keeping. You can view and retrieve the past reports to see the language development over time. Each report shows all the individual target sentences attempted against the student’s response, it indicates which were correctly or wrongly answered and even displays the students’ wrong responses so that common mistakes can be identified and addressed.
I will share my full review of Receptive Language Assessment once I’ve checked out the new update which is coming soon. Meanwhile, we have a copy to give away to professionals who work with children to improve their language skills. Non-professionals are encouraged to enter our giveaway for Splingo’s Language Universe.
App Description :- Developed by experienced Speech and Language Pathologists/Therapists to assess language comprehension skills from Preschool level upwards, the Receptive Language Assessment is the first and only of its kind.
Using high-quality, engaging images and animations the Receptive Language Assessment tests language comprehension of a variety of word types, at four different levels of complexity. At the touch of a button the Receptive Language Assessment provides detailed analysis of the results, including a breakdown by sentence complexity, sentence type and individual errors. The clear and professional report can be saved, emailed and printed for inclusion in clinical/educational records.
The assessment is fully customizable to meet your student’s or client’s needs. We recommend the Receptive Language Assessment is used on an iPad, but have also made it available for iPod touch and iPhone users.
• Assess a variety of word/sentence types at 4 increasing levels of complexity
• Generate clear, professional reports at the touch of a button and print via email for intervention planning and inclusion in client’s records
• Create multiple client profiles including thumbnail photos
• Select US or UK vocabulary options
• Select US or UK audio options
• Real voice (not synthesized)
• Save an assessment part-way through and return at a later date
• Select start and end point based on your clients language levels
• Trial items to allow the student/client to become familiar with the assessment format
• Include/exclude reward system featuring our entertaining alien, Splingo
• Include/exclude the written sentence to assist comprehension, or for use as a reading comprehension assessment
The Receptive Language Assessment tests a variety of word and sentence types at four different levels of complexity:
• 1 main word – object nouns, person nouns, location nouns, verbs, prepositions, size adjectives, color adjectives and attribute adjectives
• 2 main words – seven different sentence types e.g. object-person, adjective-object etc
• 3 main words – seven different sentence types, e.g. adjective-object-location, person-action-location etc
• 4 main words – seven different sentence types, e.g. object-preposition-adjective-location, person-action-preposition-location
Lighten your load and make heavy awkward paper-based assessments a thing of the past. Capitalize on children’s natural fascination with technology and engage them in fun, motivating language assessments whilst getting the language results you need!
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Cost: $ 24.99 ( 24.9 MB)
Please use our App Store button above if you decide to buy this app. It doesn’t cost any extra and a small portion of the cost goes to support the work we do here at The iMums! Pricing was correct at the time of publishing the review but is subject to change so please confirm before downloading.
Already use this app? Rate it here!
If you would like to win this app, please enter via the widget below. The winner will be emailed and must contact The iMums within 24 hours to claim the prize. This giveaway is open to everyone, worldwide and an iTunes account is required to claim the prize. Please ensure that you have read and understand our Terms & Conditions. Good luck!
Latest posts by Grace (see all)
- Write to Read – WriteReader by Janus Madsen – Review and Giveaway - May 14, 2013
- Fast Free and Discounted Apps! #99 - May 13, 2013
- Speech Sounds on Cue for iPad – Today’s Featured Free App - May 13, 2013