About The iMums – Amanda, Alison, Mary and Grace – are four mothers from different parts of the world dedicated to educating parents about the best digital stories, educational apps, fun games and technology products available for their children. We also offer the latest news in apps for kids, interesting articles, developer interviews, free apps and regular giveaways!
Founded in August 2011, the four iMums have 11 kids among them ranging in age from 1 to 17 and bring a global perspective to their app reviews with the original iMum Amanda being from Australia, Alison is in America, Grace is from Singapore and Mary is from the UK but is currently living in America.
At four years old, the Australian-based blog already boasts hundreds of reviews on family friendly iOS and MacOS apps and products as well as a rapidly growing network of thousands following on Facebook and Twitter. To learn more, please watch the video below (and share it with your friends!).
We offer several tools for app developers to help promote their apps and place them in front of our highly targeted audience of parents. Before we consider mentioning an app on our website, we are required to screen them first to ensure they are suitable for our audience. We prefer not to recommend apps tailored to children that have third-party advertisements; include social media buttons linking direct to Facebook, Twitter, etc; contain external links from the app for additional purchases (e.g. to iTunes). However if these must be included, we recommend they be hidden in a ‘Parents Only’ environment and child-proofed somehow.
NOTE: At this point we do not update app reviews, unless a fee is paid for the update even if we did a free review originally. With hundreds of reviews, we are unable to keep up with all of the updates to apps. Thank you for understanding.
We offer the following services which can be found in our Media Kit which is updated monthly to include current statistics.
Website & Newsletter Advertising
App & Product Reviews
Press Release Publishing
To be kept updated on what’s happening with The iMums or to be notified about upcoming events or promotion opportunities, please sign up for our Developers Mailing List. You can also advertise with us at Buy Sell Ads – below is our current availability
1. By subscribing to our mailing list, you accept that you are happy to receive the occasional email from The iMums.
2. We will send out regular communications but rest assured, we won’t be spamming your inbox.
3. We take our readers privacy very seriously and can 100% guarantee you that we will never, ever pass your details on to third parties.
4. You can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Simply enter your email address below and click subscribe!
Press Release Submission Guidelines
- All press releases must be family-friendly and relevant to The iMums’ audience (mainly parents of young children that use Apple devices).
- Before we can consider a press release for publishing on our website, we are required to screen the app/s mentioned first to ensure they are suitable for our audience. A promo code may be required.
- Only press releases will be published. This means anything that looks like a marketing copy, advertisement, sales pitch or any non-news related content will not be published. Please ensure the press release is properly formatted, for example, written in the third-person. Here’s a guide on how to write a press release.
- You will only be notified if your press release is accepted and published on TheiMums.com, you will not be notified if it’s not accepted. We will request two promo codes to screen your app to ensure it is a good fit for the site prior to publishing the release, please do not submit them with the release but we will likely request them after submission.
- Press releases will be reviewed to ensure the content is appropriate to our audience and they accurately reflect the type of information our readers expect from this site.
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions for spelling, grammar, clarity, or to delete irrelevant links. Note that your contact information included in your submission form will be published with your press release unless stated otherwise.
- Be certain to proofread your submission and include applicable links only.
- Please note that submission of your press release to TheiMums.com does not guarantee it will be published.
Powered by Sidelines